BEAUTY BITS – BEST FOOD FOR BEAUTY
In the summertime, more skin is exposed to sunlight longer and to others. We want to have clear skin, strong teeth, bright eyes and shiny hair. This signifies health and wellness. We always want to look our best, so what foods should we eat to promote that glowing appearance? Is it refined sugar that we find in most foods or highly processed foods? NOT! Refined sugars cause inflammation in the body, which may result in acne and gum disease. They also contribute to tooth decay. Highly processed foods also cause inflammation, and lack the enzymes that skin, hair, and nail cells need to grow and regenerate. So here are some foods that are best for beauty:
- Grapes, strawberries, pineapple – these fruits as topical skin exfoliants- they contain alpha hydroxyl acids which help dissolve the dead skin cells that clog oil glands and cause pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads. Since fruit is both nutritionally dense and hydrating, it is great for the skin.
- Almonds, beets, cashews, Swiss chard – While poisonous in larger quantities, small amounts of the oxalic acid contained in these foods have been shown to clear the skin and heal blemishes.
- Apple cider vinegar – is a natural tooth whitener and contains mild acids that remove stains from the teeth.
- Barley, crimini mushrooms, Brazil nuts – contains selenium, a mineral essential to immune function that can protects the body from cell damage. Sufficient selenium intake also encourages healthy thyroid functioning, which prompts the growth and re-growth of hair and nail cells.
- Goji berries – research has found a link between goji berries and the reversal of skin damage, particularly damage caused by sunburn and UV radiation.
Reference: Nutribullet—Natural Healing Foods
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.