Healthy Eating for an Active Lifestyle
* Eat a variety of nutrient-packed foods, i.e. whole grains, lean protein, fruits, vegetables, low-fat or fat-free dairy.
* Energize with grains, such as: bread, pasta, oatmeal, cereals, and tortillas.
* Protein – is essential for building and repairing muscle. Eat lean or low-fat cuts of beef, pork, skinless chicken or turkey, seafood and plant-based foods.
* Plant protein foods—beans, peas (kidney, pinto black, or white beans, split peas, chickpeas, hummus); soy products (tofu, tempeh, veggie burgers), and unsalted nuts and seeds.
* Fruits and vegetables – Eat a variety of colors in various ways. Blue, red, or black berries; red and yellow peppers; and dark greens like spinach and kale. Choose fresh, frozen, low-sodium canned, dried or 100 percent juice options.
* Airy – fat-free and ;pw-fat milk cheese, yogurt, and fortified soy beverages (soymilk). This helps build and maintain strong bones needed for everyday living.
* Drink Water—Stay hydrated by drinking water not sugary drinks.
* Know How Much to Eat – Get personalized nutrition information based on age, gender, height, weight, current physical activity level and other factors. Plan a diet that’s right for you and track progress toward your goals.
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.